Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mounting a rare earth magnet in a thin plate

On Sat, 03 May 2014 15:52:20 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 03 May 2014 08:46:55 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 02 May 2014 20:59:10 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:
Vibe tach? Nevahoiduvit. Are they available?

All day long. They're almost a commodity item. Anything with a reliably
repeatable cyclic vibration is a candidate for the method.

Interesting! More research is in the offing.

They even sell sub-$20 elapsed-time meters for gasoline engines that are
only activated when vibrated by the running motor.

Yeah, $13.98 for a vibration hour meter for ATV/cycle/etc. on eBay.

Hour meter and tach are totally different tech togh. The hour meter
just counts time when it is buzzing. No speed info involved.

Right, but you see that I replied under the reference to hour meters
vs. the reference to cyclic vibration. I only LOOK dumb, clare.

--
If government were a product,
selling it would be illegal.