Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default OT UKIP

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 02/05/2014 15:02, Nightjar wrote:
On 02/05/14 14:00, Nightjar wrote:
I can't see that wanting to leave the EU can be driven by anything
other
than xenophobia. There is certainly no good basis for leaving.

What an extraordinary statement.

Extraordinary in terms of everything everybody else is saying on BOTH
sides of the argument.

There are very good reasons to leave and some good ones to stay. None
of
them are xenophobic.

I don't consider any of the reasons advanced for leaving to be good
reasons, which only leaves not liking foreigners having a say in what we
do.

How about the £118 billion a year, equal to £1,968 per person?

Depending upon which source you choose and ignoring misleading
sensationalist headlines, our net contribution to the EU - our
contribution less what we get back in grants - is between £5 billion and
£8 billion, compared to the £700 billion our government spends every year.
That is easily offset by the overall economic benefits that membership
brings us.

We can decide for ourselves how to spend our own money thanks.
We don't need a bunch of foriegners to tell us.