Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT UKIP

Nightjar wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote
Nightjar wrote
harryagain wrote

Been a lot on the TV about various UKIPper being "racist".

Xenophobia does seem to be the core of what little policy they
have, so it would be surprising if they did not attract racists.

I really didn't have you pegged as as ignorant as that, Colin.

On both statements

I can't see that wanting to leave the EU can
be driven by anything other than xenophobia.

More fool you.

There is certainly no good basis for leaving.

Even sillier on who gets to decide
how things are done in Britain alone.

Similarly for their stance on immigration.

Even sillier.

This country owes a lot to previous generations of
immigrants, from the Huguenots (a proportionately
much larger influx than we see today) onwards.

Sure, but some clearly feel that things have changed
significantly now, particularly with all those from the
ex colonys deciding that they would prefer to live in
Britain than where they came from.

As for the racists, are you saying they won't be
attracted to any party that has xenophobic policies?

You haven't established that they are xenophobic policys.