Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default Fix Bumpy Paint On Door

If it's oil paint you can sand it down, especially
while it's still fresh. If it's acrylic/latex that won't
work so well. It tends to scratch rather than wear,
like sanding rubber. If it were me I'd live with it, but
given that you already stripped the old paint (!) it
sounds like this is a special door.

If you want a really nice finish next time, prime
with oil underbody primer and paint with oil or
acrylic alkyd paint. Another trick is to not use
semi-gloss. The less the gloss, the more forgiving
of imperfections.