Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT UKIP

On 02/05/2014 08:47, harryagain wrote:
Been a lot on the TV about various UKIPper being "racist".

I don't believe that UKIP as an organisation is 'racist' although - like
other parties - they have a few maverick members who express views not
aligned to the party line.

In my view, they *do* have legitimate concerns about immigration - which
has nothing whatever to do with racism - but it convenient for their
detractors to call it racism in order to discredit them.

The concerns are about the rights (mostly bestowed by the EU) of a
virtually unlimited number people not born in the UK to come and work
here - and the effect which that has on our infrastructure and jobs scene.

The sooner these issues are addressed seriously rather than by name
calling, the better in my view.
--
Cheers,
Roger