Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Fix Bumpy Paint On Door

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 5:55:14 PM UTC-5, James wrote:
Hi All, I painted a door with semigloss paint after stripping and sanding both sides smooth, then priming. One newly painted side looks good and smooth, but the other side looks really bumpy. I used the same painting technique for both sides - rolling the paint on and quickly laying it down with a high quality brush. I am trying to avoid restripping the bad side or spending a lot of time sanding the paint down. Is there some way to fill in the "valleys" without going to a lot of trouble? Any advice appreciated!

Get a textured paint and repaint the one side with that.