Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default clueless shop staff

In article ,
Gareth Magennis wrote:

In the UK we have a chain of shops called Maplin, which sells electronic
goods and components.
I detest having to go there, because it is full of expensive crap, and
worse, the staff have no clue what they are talking about yet pretend they
do.

[snip]

That's why I detest Maplin.

It didn't used to be like that. When the shops first opened they had
staff that were very helpful, knowledgeable, helped customers design
stuff on the back of an envelope and then sell them the bits.

At some point it became a toy shop, with some electronics parts kept
in the little room down the back, where the odd people go. I suppose
changing times and all that

Once it got to the "strong possibility that if you need more than
two of any component, we don't have them" stage it became clear that
their stock control department hated the shops!
Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk | http://www.signal11.org.uk