Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oil for chain saw

On Thu, 01 May 2014 04:13:11 -0400, micky
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 14:09:21 -0600, Tony Hwang wrote:

novel wrote:
I bought a chain saw over a year ago and never had a chance to use till now. I reread the manual and it says to check the oil. I did with a 'dip stick", lol and its seems dry. Would oil disapate like water in a closed area? Would there be a problem using it as is? Would any oil do, including vegetable Oil? Thanks

Hi,
Which oil? engine oil? chain oil? My saw chain oil tends to leak
some during storage in it's carrying case. Engine oil does not.

They said here once that if you store the saw blade pointing up, it
won't leak. I still haven't tried that.

it is true of all 3 of mine. If I hang them by the handle they "mark
their territory" !