Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Windowsill Marble or Granite?

On Thu, 01 May 2014 15:48:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'm remodeling the downstairs bathroom. I have a raised ranch and on
the lower level at the foundation top we have a very wide windowsill,
about 8" or so. The walls will be porcelain tile up to about 5'. The
present sill is wood so I'm thinking of either a marble or granite piece
3/4" thick.

Is either of these materials not suitable for some reason? One better
than the other? Cost is not going to be a big factor, when spending
thousands of dollars already, forty bucks either way won't make much
difference.

Both sound reasonable. I'd ask for samples of either and find the
best visual match to the tile - some contrast that appeals to you.

Will there be an apron and returns under the sill?