Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan.Espen Dan.Espen is offline

Default Windowsill Marble or Granite?

Ed Pawlowski writes:

I'm remodeling the downstairs bathroom. I have a raised ranch and on
the lower level at the foundation top we have a very wide windowsill,
about 8" or so. The walls will be porcelain tile up to about 5'. The
present sill is wood so I'm thinking of either a marble or granite
piece 3/4" thick.

Is either of these materials not suitable for some reason? One better
than the other? Cost is not going to be a big factor, when spending
thousands of dollars already, forty bucks either way won't make much
difference.

Marble is fine.
I have a few marble windowsills in this house.
Even have a few doorsills of marble.
I like them so much when I had the bathroom remodeled
I got new pieces of marble for he new room.

A little, non-pretentious touch of class.

I especially like the look of marble doorsills slightly
worn down by time.

--
Dan Espen