Hiram Hackenbacker

Default How high can a garden wall between two houses be?

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 15:21:47 +0100, "Mike Taylor"
wrote:

If the wall is between 2 private pieces of ground, i.e, yours and your
neighbours land then it can be up to 2 metres high. If it borders onto the
highway (this includes footpaths and public right of way areas such as
grassed areas and common land then it can only be 1 metre high.

Except it seems when your back garden borders a public
footpath/highway. As we live on a corner, the fence along the rear of
the property is 1.8metres high at the moment - we have been told that
this can increase to 2metres maximum in the future when we reconstruct
it.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker