Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mounting a rare earth magnet in a thin plate

Tim Wescott fired this volley in
:

The best I can think of is to drill the hole to a slip fit and then
epoxy. I have visions of actually achieving a press fit, then watching
magnet after magnet crumble into clinging dust trying to press them in.

Suggestions?

Yup. I use them all the time for Hall-Sensor magnets on my machines.
Drilling slightly over-size and potting them completely works sometimes.
For more rigorous environments, consider sandwiching them between two
plates, each drilled half-way, and with the magnet potted and the plates
epoxied together.

LLoyd