Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Johny B Good[_2_] Johny B Good[_2_] is offline

Default Memory

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 14:47:02 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

Norman Wells wrote:

I don't deny it. If they didn't exist, though, you'd not only have a
better incentive to remember the original, but still be able to watch it
later over t'internet. It's a question of whether we could do better
with the bandwidth.

If God meant us to have +1 channels he wouldn't have given us PVRs.

That chimes with a saying I often used to use 30 years ago whenever
someone had the temerity to ask why I ever bothered with an IBM PC
clone. It went like this:

"If I wanted to _pay_ for my software, I wouldn't have a bought a PC
now, would I?".

I suppose I could have just as easily rephrased that sentiment as:

"If God had meant us to pay for our software, he wouldn't have given
us the IBM PC." :-)
--
Regards, J B Good