Posted to alt.home.repair
NotMe NotMe is offline

Default What Do You Think Of Craftsman PowerTools Today?

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
bob haller writes:
On Monday, April 28, 2014 8:19:01 PM UTC-4, Doug Miller wrote:
esteve999 wrote in

@diybanter.com:

I am considering adding some power tools to my collection. I have many

Craftsman tools and I have always trusted Craftsman, but I am not so

sure today with their newer power tool products.

What do you think? Is Craftsman still a good choice for power tools?

No. And it hasn't been for more than forty years.

craftsman is no longer owned by sears, sears licenses the name.

which is why you can buy craftsman tools for many places

like many of your posts, short on facts, long on speculation.

The craftsman brand is owned by KCD IP, LLC a special purpose
entity _created by Sears Holdings_ for securitization purposes.

Note that KCD IP, LLP also owns the brands Kenmore and DieHard.

However, Sears owns KCD, and thus the brand.

In my experiance it's still junk reguardless of the name.