George

Default Reverse rotation for sanding - was Pining for a Bowl Lathe

Why? We've already discussed special relativity as regards sanding. Moving
the paper in the opposite direction relative to the material is not the same
as moving the material in the opposite direction relative to the paper.

Further, in a thread on use of tools with tangs, we delved into quantum
mechanics, discovering that Newtonian physics do not apply to turning
because, for instance a 10" diameter piece rotating at 300 RPM under
electric power has greater angular velocity (creating greater risk of
bending the tang) than the same diameter piece rotating at 300 RPM under the
power of an apprentice

One other posting which would cause even Werner some uncertainty was the
statement that bodgers had been making bowls in the woods _before_ the
advent of bowl gouges!

After reading these, I know I felt a second glass was warranted!

"Geoff Beale" wrote in message
Apologies to the group for posting this cr*p. Must try to avoid
posting after imbibing in future!!!

--
Geoff Beale
Extract digit to email.

"Geoff Beale" wrote in message
but surely walking round to the
other side of the lathe and mounting the rest there, orientates the
tools the same way as running it in reverse would do.