Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Long end snips ?

Another tool for my box labelled kit and jigs. Existing mounting hole in
the blade, in the wrong place and had to grind a hole through. Beware
you need fibre washers , not screw head tight to the square steel rod, I
snapped the first blade, a brittle form of steel.
Because of the lay of the wires, could not use the tool through the
viewing slot. But as the rod I used was a foot long, that went along in
another route, impossible to view down. Then still required a flat
screwdriver pushed against the lino blade, through the viewing slot, to
pull the blade through the nylon. 2 ground mounting slots and fixings
would have avoided the added screwdriver forcing but would not have
allowed rotation of the blade relative to the rod, then tighten the
screw, to get just the right angle of entry of the hook under the nylon.