Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Ax Design

Bob La Londe wrote:

It may be a cool toy, but I liked the one somebody posted a few weeks
back where they just split the log a little at a time using a lever
driven splitter and changing base pivot point.

I think I missed that one. As a wood burner for heat, I'm not into
splitting little pieces. They burn too fast and do not give off enough
heat. I guess it's all about what you're after. I can see where small
pieces could be very attractive in a wood stove or a fireplace, for pure
asthetic purposes.

--

-Mike-