Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Trimming 2-4 inch tree branches

On 4/30/2014 8:33 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
Hidee friends and neighbors,

I need to whack off (sorry ladies) some 2-4 inch diameter limbs that are 8-12 feet off the ground. Awhile back I picked up a chain-saw-on-a-stick at Harbor Freight, took it out of the package, stared at it for 15 minutes, packed it up and returned it the same day. Already got caught with a finger in the pickle slicer at work(*) and don't need no more problems like that.

My idea is to fasten my reciprocating saw securely on a 6-ft long 2x4. Safety and staying within the limits of a tool are number one with me, so spare me any lectures, please.

Any other ideas or tools to do this without using a ladder or high explosives?

Here's a tree trimming video that looks interesting...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7uTxgFzKNI

Thanks in advance!

Bob

(*) Both me and the pickle slicer got fired.

Pole pruner is always handy for me. I've got two, one with simple
wooden handle and one of fiberglass that stretches.