Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Its final..corn ethanol is of no use.

On 4/30/2014 3:17 PM, jim wrote:
David R. Birch wrote:
On 4/30/2014 6:29 AM, jim wrote:

100% gasoline is hard to find because motorists
won't pay the extra price. It has nothing to do
with federal renewable fuel mandates. If the
EPA allowed more ethanol to be blended with
gasoline, motorists would buy more than the
mandates require.

?!?

When unblended regular gas used to be available around here at the same
time as scam gas(10% alcohol), the scam gas cost more than unblended
regular. No one used scam gas until it became the only option.

Funny how you remember things the way you want them to be.

No. I'm not like you.

I didn't buy scam gas until unblended regular was no longer available in
SE Wisconsin. Once it was unavailable in the Milwaukee area, I noticed
that I was now paying more for gas that gave poorer mpg. There were
several gas stations outside the Milwaukee are that still offered
unblended so I would make a point of refilling at those when I would be
going out of town. A comparison between scam gas and unblended showed
scam gas about a nickel more a gallon @24 mpg and unblended giving 28+ mpg.

It became the most common option because most people put
the cheapest fuel in their car . As a result it became
unprofitable for gas stations to carry a fuel that few
people were buying.

It became the most common option here only when it became the only
option. No one here bought it until it was all that was available.

David