Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Memory

On 30/04/14 17:25, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 30/04/14 14:47, RJH wrote:

I'd suggest the CD leaves
something out. It really is a personal thing, and is overall a sound I
like.

No it juts doesn't put anything IN.

Assuming there's nothing wrong with the ADC processing used to create the
CD, or the DAC for the listener.

Fair point but ADCs are pretty well understood and you only need ONE and
DACS - well the oversampling lets play sillybuggers with statistics and
add random jitter have got them as good as it gets.

http://www.cirrus.com/en/pubs/proDat.../CS4353_F3.pdf

have a look and weep..if you used to design audio.

THD+noise is 90db and is still 30dB at -60dB signal

At 60dB down on a vinyl pickup you'd be lucky to have 10dB margin on the
noise.

And 60dB is 0.1% give or take.

And this is a cheap 3 quid chip you can stick in any CD player.

I've got a cartridge and deck that cost over £500 here that cant begin
to match what a £30 CD player can do..

One day I'll get all my old albums into .wav or FLAC and sell it..

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.