Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Memory

In article ,
NY wrote:
As an aside, I've always wondered about people who say they prefer vinyl
to CD. Do they prefer the imperfections and signal processing that
vinyl introduces, I wonder? Do they find a live performance (mic,
amplifier, speakers) as bad as a CD, or do they find that the
digitisation modifies the signal - can they distinguish live electronic
(all analogue) from CD?

Ignoring any surface noise etc, vinyl adds its own distortion. Which many
just happen to like.

If you carefully copy vinyl to CD I defy anyone to tell the difference in
a properly conducted blind test.

Do it the other way round - more difficult - and most can tell the
difference.

Which proves vinyl is distorting the original.

--
*The older you get, the better you realize you were.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.