Geoff Beale

Default Reverse rotation for sanding - was Pining for a Bowl Lathe

I haven't found the need to do it yet, but surely walking round to the
other side of the lathe and mounting the rest there, orientates the
tools the same way as running it in reverse would do.

The only down side is that you can't site the machine tight against a
wall, but if you're going to swing the head through 180 degrees, you'll
probably need to be able to stand well round to the end of it anyway.

A cheaper solution for that part of your problem than a new lathe I
would have thought.
--
Geoff Beale
Extract digit to email.

"Leslie Gossett" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Well, heres the deal...

I see the advantages of running in reverse for sanding and hollowing.

Power
sanding doesnt seem to be quite enough. I still find myself stopping

the
lathe to hand sand in the reverse direction. For scraping, I see a

definate
lack of power. But otherwise with gouges, skews, etc, there seems to

be no
problem.