Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Memory

On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 19:09:14 +0100, gremlin_95 wrote:

Presumably old age is having its normal affect on hearing and

sight
so you don't notice how crap downloads and/or streaming are

compared
to CD or Blu-Ray (or even DVD come to that). B-)

What worries *me* is that many teenagers are of the opinion that
downloads are better quality than CDs.

Even at my age, I can tell the difference, even on earbuds and

small
screens.

There must be something wrong with me then because I can't really tell
the difference

Yeah but you are so young you've probably never seen or heard what
good systems fed with good signals are like or haven't had the
artifacts of the systems failings pointed out.

The population as a whole seem to think that Freeview DTTV is fine. I
find it almost unwatchable with all the artifacts the from lossy
compression that is applied to bring the 1 *Giga* bps plus out of the
back of a camera to around 2 *Mega* bps on Freeview. DSAT is better
but still has some problems but no where near as distracting. Both
DTV and DSAT, even in HD, are kicked into a cocked hat by Blu-Ray on
a decent "Full-HD" screen.

--
Cheers
Dave.