Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default I despair (take 2 ...) OT

When my daughter was younger, she started coming home from school talking
about the kids being face-ty to one another. I didn't understand what this
word was, and asked her to explain. She said that she didn't really know,
but all the big kids used the word, and she'd picked it up from them. So I
asked her to spell it for me.

Feisty ...

Oxford dictionaries defines it thus:
Definition of feisty in English:

feisty
Pronunciation:
adjective (feistier, feistiest)
. informal
1(Of a person, typically one who is relatively small) lively,
determined, and courageous:

I wasn't querying what it meant once I knew what it was she was trying to
say. It was just another example of someone having seen the word, and not
been able to figure (or ask a teacher) how it should be pronounced, so they
had decided on 'face-ty' which had then spread around the school and been
accepted by one and all as a 'real' word ...

Arfa