Posted to alt.home.repair

Default File recovery freeware

On 4/29/2014 2:24 PM, nestork wrote:
OK, I've found that several data recovery programs have found and
recovered some of the files on my USB drive. The problem is that
they're all "demo" and "trial" versions of programs, and are limited
in how much they will recover. One of them was limited to 64
kilobytes, which is nothing more than a large text file or a single
.JPG image.

And, those that advertise themselves as "free" want to change my
home page and default search engine and put up a useless toolbar on
my screen which is a pain in the butt.

Does anyone know of any good computer Q&A forums on the internet
where I could ask some computer geeks if there are any good freeware
data recovery programs available for download? I find that the
programs that work best crop up when I Google "digital media data
recovery".

Give File Hippo a try for freeware. There are all sorts of free software
mixed in with the shareware and payware. ^_^

http://filehippo.com/download_recuva/

Keep an eye on a couple of daily commercial giveaway sites that I get a
lot of software from:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

http://giveaway.glarysoft.com/

I've downloaded a lot of payware from those two sites and a lot of
really good file recovery software shows up on a regular basis. ^_^

TDD