Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default I despair (take 2 ...) OT

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 22:35:26 +0100
Tim Streater wrote:

In article , polygonum
wrote:

On 27/04/2014 09:08, Scott M wrote:
Arfa Daily wrote:
The words 'anything and 'everything' seem to have been almost
erased from the English language, to be replaced by 'anythink'
and 'everythink' at best, and 'anyfink' and 'everyfink' at
worst. Even TV presenters - including the educated ones - can't
get it right.

I'll see your "anythink" and raise you a "could of".

Also, is it just me or does the word "accidentally" not exist in
the English language? As far as I can tell I'm the only person
who uses it since absolutely everyone else uses the appaulingly
clunky "by accident".

And the USAian habit of excessive "would", as in:

...and wish I would have purchased sooner...

And the inability to use any adverbs. "I eat healthy."

OTOH I prefer their use of the subjunctive.

But do they know what they are doing?

--
Davey.