Ken Bullock

Default Cracks in Cherry blanks

Denis, The cherry we use around here is difficult to dry without
cracking....But, I manage with the no breeze, no heat, no sun, and keep them
in a dark cool place, therory.... Give then 4 to 6 monthes and you should
have no problem....

OBTW, when I used to dry on the shelf in the garage, I found that there was
too much air movement in that setting, so I started putting them in a sealed
room where there could be no movement of air..... It seemed to
help........Cheer..... Ken from down the road.....

--
Ken & Debbie Bullock (Woodturners)

Woodturning videos at:
http://www.oneofakindwoodturnings.com
SKP # 82323

"Denis Marier" wrote in message
I wonder what happen?
Last spring, when I was roughing 10-11" dia. cherry blanks I had water
spinning out of the wood. I coated them with Anchor Seal and let them to
dry. Now when finishing those blanks half of them are showing hairline
cracks. The other ash, birch and maple blanks that were done at the same
time are coming out without cracks.