Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default What Do You Think Of Craftsman PowerTools Today?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per esteve999:
What do you think? Is Craftsman still a good choice for power tools?

Dunno from power tools, but I quit even thinking about Craftsman when
they tech'd-out on their hand tool warranty on a tap-and-die set I had.

The plastic that the case that organizes the dozens of small parts was
made of fell apart over time making it useless and leaving me with a
bucketful of small parts - likewise nearly useless because of the effort
needed to find a given piece.

Sears said "Sorry, we just warranty the tools...", not the boxes.

Oh well...

You said the plastic case "fell apart over time". It doesn't appear you
really got "shafted". You still have a warranty on your tools.
An egg carton will organize 12 small parts. A fishing tackle box may
work even better.