Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Memory

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

One thing I do recall from the days of LP's - you would occasionally
get a scratch or just a pip on a track. When I listened to another
recording or even a real concert, it always came as a surprise when
that scratch or pip I was anticipating was missing!

Similarly on tapes, there were a few recordings I had where the tape
was a few bars short of the end of the piece and I couldn't be bothered
to rerecord or didn't have a spare tape. I got used to that piece of
music finishing mid-note, and again it was a surprise to listen on the
radio and for it not to stop where it usually did!

I used to have Beethoven's Ninth on LP, where they always have to split the
third movement, and got so used to it that I would jump if I heard the whole
thing without the split (on a radio broadcast). Then I got it on
Musicassette which split the movement in a different place, so I would jump
in two places.

--
Max Demian