Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Mason Bees (was Bees, slightly OT)

Thomas Prufer wrote:

What diameter and depth of hole do you use (well, offer to the bees)?

I have a few, and have used off cuts of old garden canes 50mm to
80mm long, but run a drill through them to remove internal
barriers. This gives a whole range of hole sizes, and
interstices, so they can, and do, take their pick.

And woudl the bees reuse a hole -- lots of the commercail ones have some sort of
inset or straw, and it that meant ot bechanged annually?

They certainly do reuse. I don't think the ones with straw are
really aimed at bees.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK