Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Mike Barnes[_2_] Mike Barnes[_2_] is offline

Default Memory

John Williamson wrote:
I use a lot of mp3 files to play background music while I'm driving, as
I can't justify the storage cost for CD quality .wav files with many
horsepower of diesel engine drowning out the distortion and noise floor.

I keep master versions in CD quality, and create MP3s from them for use
when out and about. The storage cost of the masters on a home PC is
negligible, especially when you compare it to the cost of the CDs! And
of course it's those that I listen to at home.

--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England