Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Post mortem on the body of a resistor

R61 of that not so common schematic of the "Concert" family.
http://fmi93superamp.files.wordpress...ice_manual.pdf
Agrees with a number of compared component numbers and values
Next time I have to do that , reminder to myself, keep one DVM-R probe
on the spiral and move the other probe, so alternately down the line, to
get a better set of readings. And also repeat a few times , for an
average. It looks as though, if 4 loops and same end-failure, then take
the reading to use, across the central 2 and double it. The reading
nearest the break obviously had increased the most. The intact end
reading must have been affected by part of the first loop running along
the metal of the end. I would have thought it was the most reliable,
least affected. Also to remember as minimum of scraping with razor
blade, as any thinning of the MO will increase the readings