Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default House Painting And Peeling Question

On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 17:44:56 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

On Monday, April 28, 2014 8:41:15 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 17:32:52 -0700 (PDT), bob haller

wrote:

ultimately the painting contactor is required to follow the law...

Requirement and following the law are not the same, Bob.

so call some contractors and be prepared for a expensive repaint. or risk getting sued by your neighbors if you dont follow the law..

I'm all shook up. I was once sued by a Nigerian Prince. He retreated,

withdrew his case, knowing he was wrong

OP has never said his home had lead paint within 20 miles of his

location. Did I miss something in his comment?

the vast majority of homes have lead paint because of their age....

Maybe in Pittsburgh, but not a vast majority here. Not saying there
isn't some or any, but it surely isn't a "vast majority".

a high profile problem could hurt resale values for a entire neighborhood.....

So never buy the house.

people are sue happy these days......

Nothing new.