Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Memory

On 28/04/2014 21:42, gremlin_95 wrote:
On 28/04/2014 20:50, John Williamson wrote:
On 28/04/2014 20:31, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 28/04/2014 19:09, gremlin_95 wrote:

There must be something wrong with me then because I can't really tell
the difference

That I can understand. Let's assume you have crap speakers! (I have a
decent set of headphones - because I used to work on audio, and couldn't
hear the defects. They let me keep them when I left)

What I can't understand is them thinking a download is better.

It's what teemagers are used to. They also seem to like listening on the
squeaker built in to their phone, or share the audio on earbuds, getting
a channel each.

I guess I'm easily pleased. I used to commute by bus which took up
around 3 hours of my day. I was very content with my Sennheiser HD205s
and my iPod, I also use Sennheiser headphones when I am working at home
but I play the music from my laptop. I'm 19

Modern PC sound systems are pretty decent in general these days - give
then decent material to play, and stick it through a decent amp and
speakers and the results are on par with a good many CD players IME.
(the noise floor can be a bit higher on some, depending on the quality
of the sound card output stage)

My workshop audio is via a PC as a source and its more than adequate
(although note its competing with dust extraction and machine tools some
of the time!)

--
Cheers,

John.