Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Memory

In article ,
John Williamson writes:
On 28/04/2014 20:31, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 28/04/2014 19:09, gremlin_95 wrote:

There must be something wrong with me then because I can't really tell
the difference

That I can understand. Let's assume you have crap speakers! (I have a
decent set of headphones - because I used to work on audio, and couldn't
hear the defects. They let me keep them when I left)

What I can't understand is them thinking a download is better.

It's what teemagers are used to. They also seem to like listening on the
squeaker built in to their phone, or share the audio on earbuds, getting
a channel each.

I can listen to music on almost anything.
Once I've heard it (or played it) and know it, when I'm listening it's
just gently jogging my brain to replay the high quality version it
stored in the learning process.

One thing I do recall from the days of LP's - you would occasionally
get a scratch or just a pip on a track. When I listened to another
recording or even a real concert, it always came as a surprise when
that scratch or pip I was anticipating was missing!

Similarly on tapes, there were a few recordings I had where the tape
was a few bars short of the end of the piece and I couldn't be bothered
to rerecord or didn't have a spare tape. I got used to that piece of
music finishing mid-note, and again it was a surprise to listen on the
radio and for it not to stop where it usually did!

--
Andrew Gabriel