Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag's Shop[_2_] Snag's Shop[_2_] is offline

Default Does any adhesive/sealant stick to titanium?

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
"Snag's Shop" fired this volley in
:

And fingers , it's tough to get off even when uncured . This stuff
smells
a lot like the GOOP line of products , are they the same base formula
or similar ?

Some of the GOOPs are acrylic-vinyl, some are straight acrylic resins,
and some are polyacrylate co-polymer rubbers. The GOOP E6000 is a
poly- resin, and approximately equal in character to the Lexel.
However, the Lexel (to its advantage) contains more solvent
(perchlorethylene), so it flows better, and intrudes into roughed-up
surfaces better, yielding a stronger bond.

Both, if they penetrate equally, are tougher than a wild boar's nuts,
and will stick to damned near anything they come into contact with.

They do shrink upon drying, because they're solvent-based. So far,
that's not been a problem for me. I've put the Lexel on glossy MIC-6
aluminum sheet with no surface prep, and had to use mechanical means
to get it off. It doesn't like greasy fingerprints. Solvent-wipe any
surface to which you wish it to adhere.

Lloyd

I used a GOOP product once to glue the sole back on a W/m work boot . That
sole was so thin I could step on a dime and tell you not only heads or tails
, but what year and the goop was still hangin'on . I think I'll use part of
the rest of that tube of Lexel on the currently de-soled pair .
--
Snag
In Memphis