Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag's Shop[_2_] Snag's Shop[_2_] is offline

Default Does any adhesive/sealant stick to titanium?

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Ian Malcolm fired this volley
in :

Also many silicones give off acetic
acid when they cure and actually make the corrosion worse.

Not "many"; type I silicones evolve acetic acid. Type II silicones
evolve methanol instead of acetic acid. That's not entirely harmless
to some base metals like cast zinc alloys, but a lot more innocuous
than acetic acid.

My best guess on a sealant for that purpose would be a polyacrylic co-
polymer rubber sealant like Sashco's LEXEL. You'd still need to
mechanically prep the surface but the stuff sticks to virtually
anything, including polyethylene.

LLoyd

LLoyd

And fingers , it's tough to get off even when uncured . This stuff smells
a lot like the GOOP line of products , are they the same base formula or
similar ? I used the Lexel to caulk a leaky chimney boot on a steel roof ,
worked just swell !
--
Snag
On the road ...