Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Its final..corn ethanol is of no use.

On 4/28/2014 12:19 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 07:53:10 -0500, wrote:
On 4/28/2014 3:18 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I havent seen a "no ethanol" pump in over 15 -20 yrs.

You're in CA, aren't you? I don't think they allow it (or have for
years). ...

Ayup...California and less t han 30 miles from a refinery..and I live
smack dab in the middle of the oilfields near Bakersfield, Ca.

The last time I smelled "real" gasoline, was a trip out to a friends
place in Aridzona. Truck ran NICELY after that fillup and went back to
being a pig when I filled up again on the way home with "California
Normal Gas(p)

At least a reasonable chance that ethanol came from within 10 mi of
here--the local ethanol plant gets a "green"(+) premium over other
outlets from CA and so ships a sizable fraction of production here from
KS there. Another prime market is south to N Orleans port where it goes
to Brazil (of all places).

(+) To get this amongst other things they capture off-gas CO2 byproduct
which is piped to OK/TX for use in enhanced oil recovery.

As a sidebar, I find it most interesting to note that w/ all the
ballyhoo over CO2, we were just offered a lease on ground in NM for
drilling and production of CO2 to be transported to Midland/Odessa, TX,
area for the same purpose. IOW, they're getting ready to drill for more
because there's an insufficient supply.