Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Memory

I see, make a career of misreading then? Who is she?

Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
"Norman Wells" wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:
I loved meccano. I used some the other month to make a door closer
for my porch.
Incidentally, Meccano made me a phonograph together with some bits of
tin and a cardboard horn. The cylinder was made from baco foil and of
course had a clunk every rotation, but did actually work surprisingly
well to demonstrate the principals, though speed variability was a
bit of an issue, as was recording time.. grin.
Brian

Wow! It's amazing that it could record time at all. Once you sort the
issues out, you couldn't record a bit for me, could you? I'm sure it will
come in useful in a few years time when I wish I had a bit more.