Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Safety In The Home, Microwave Edition

On 4/28/2014 3:46 AM, Edward wrote:
Talk about not paying close attention. I was heating some sausage
in our smallest microwave and unlike some folks I know, I will
adjust the power level to keep something from splattering all over
the inside of the microwave oven. I set the control for 7 minutes
at 40% power, or so I thought. I was concentrating on some Email
when I heard an odd noise from the kitchen. The microwave was full
of smoke and the sausage burned to a crisp. It turns out that I had
inadvertently hit an extra zero when setting the time and it was 70
minutes instead of 7 minutes. Because I had set the power level to
40%, there was no back draft and flames when I opened the frigging
oven but there was a lot of smoke. I can still smell Polish
Kielbasa throughout the house after 3 days from the time of
blastoff. The lesson I learned was to pay better attention to those
mundane tasks I take on every day. o_O

TDD

Did your dog enjoy it?

Heck no! I'm not giving my 11 pound attack/guard dog any burnt food.
Sandy has plenty to eat without being fed garbage by me. She always
wants what I'm eating but I look at her and say, "Hey bitch, I don't eat
your food so eyes off mine!" It doesn't do any good. ^_^

TDD