Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Johny B Good[_2_] Johny B Good[_2_] is offline

Default Memory

On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 21:37:57 +0000 (UTC), Adrian
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 20:31:27 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

Katie, who is 11, was helping me in the workshop today. She told me how
some of her class been in trouble for filming the teachers covertly. Of
course I told her how, in 1965, I'd made a sound recording of our maths
teacher, with the class deliberately winding him up just to make it more
fun. I then found myself trying to explain about reel-to-reel tape
recorders. I could see that Katie just couldn't grasp the concept.
Finally she asked, "But how much memory did it have?"

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

It's slightly scary that there's people wandering around who regard the
CD as pre-historic. I feel old.

I regard not only CD as pre-historic but DVD and Blu-Ray[1] too. It's
not that that makes me feel old, just the effects of old age creeping
up on me.

[1] or BD if you prefer.
--
Regards, J B Good