Posted to uk.d-i-y
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default I despair (take 2 ...) OT

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 27/04/14 09:35, Tim Watts wrote:
On 27/04/14 09:08, Scott M wrote:
Arfa Daily wrote:
The words 'anything and 'everything' seem to have been almost erased
from the English language, to be replaced by 'anythink' and
'everythink' at best, and 'anyfink' and 'everyfink' at worst. Even TV
presenters - including the educated ones - can't get it right.

I'll see your "anythink" and raise you a "could of".

Also, is it just me or does the word "accidentally" not exist in the
English language? As far as I can tell I'm the only person who uses it
since absolutely everyone else uses the appaulingly clunky "by
accident".

I see official signage in London (temporary signs on laminated paper,
not permanent signs) from such bodies as Westminster Council that have
no concept of grammar nor correct spelling.

I got fined for parking 'In a prescribed place'

I NEARLY took that one to a higher authority.

Sometimes it's a typo, but even so, which supervisor let it go out the
door without a second look?

Mate we are editing stuff on a daily basis sending back correct grammar
and spelling, only to have it returned because it 'doesn't say wot I
wrote'.

apostrophe's where there shouldnt be, and none where there should.
Plural subjects with singular verbs and vice versa, which we strongly
objects to. Have turned to of. Lose to loose and vice versa.

Never mind the pronunciation of a router, that which determines a route
as against a router, that which routs wood or metal..

And can also root.