Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Larry[_7_] Larry[_7_] is offline

Default Sign - 1 attachment

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
news
On Sat, 26 Apr 2014 16:01:11 -0400, woodchucker
wrote:

Don't make Minimum wage, you'll regret it.
And you'll bail.

Include a nice profit so you can purchase new bits and
stuff. Pricing too tight is a lose lose situation.

Yes, and be careful you don't turn a fun hobby into another
JOB with deadlines and customers looking for fast delivery
dates.

I intend on turning this into a part time job, however, on my
schedule not theirs.

At this point I don't even know what one cost to build. I have
assembled a list of the components so I can figure out exactly
what it costs. Some of the material I had laying aroung and
didn't include. It'll probably be an eye opener when I
actually have real numbers. Also building them one at a time
is far slower. It takes probably 1.5 hours total to build a
single base but I could probably build 20 of them with an
additional hour.

I originally thought that starting around $75 was a reasonable
price but the general concensus is that I'm cheating myself. I
still don't think they'll fetch much more than that unless
it's a custom design. I believe custom is where the money is
at. It's also about finding a market that has the money to
spend.

Thanks for the input.

Larry