Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim jim is offline

Default Its final..corn ethanol is of no use.

dpb wrote:

The politicians, the oil companies and the auto makers have for
decades been doing all they can to block further expansion of ethanol,
but
it is just a matter of time and market forces will prevail.

Well, for the first time I _think_ I finally begin to see where you're
coming from.

I think you're totally wrong in reading consumer sentiment. I mentioned
this in the other subthread before I saw this but there I didn't yet
have this take so I'll add a little more before I withdraw.

Consumer sentiment is they will put whatever works and whatever is
cheapest in their. In spite mountains of propaganda against ethanol
almost everybody puts it in their tank. The look at the price
and that is all.

People currently by E10 because that's what is on the market.

No they were initially given a choice.Consumers looked at the price
and bought the ethanol blend. That is how ethanol sales grew much faster
than the mandates for all those years.

It is on
the market owing to the removal of the two former alternative additives
and there's nothing at least as yet that does the same job as cheaply.

There never were any former alternatives. There were two deadly toxins
that never should have been allowed to be sold in the first place.
They were both removed when the deceptions that got them on
the market could no longer
e sustained.

---