Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Double gang intermediate light switches?

In article o.uk,
"Dave Liquorice" writes:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 20:53:14 +0100, Stephen wrote:

At a push if I could keep costs down I night consider using modular for
all light switches in the kitchen as the ouside door will have two extra
switches for outside lights that need to be 2 way on - off - on to give
permanently on or Permanently Off or PIR automatic.

Don't think I've ever seena center off "light switch" or switch
module. Do you need it anyway? Many PIRs will latch into permenant on
if you toggle the power to them a couple of times over a couple of
seconds.

First generation MK gridswitch (toggle-style) had a centre-off switch.
Not so easy to control with current trend to rocker switches, which
may be why there isn't one.

Current generation MK gridswitch has a momentary action centre-off
switch (usually used with control circuits to switch lights on and off,
without storing the the current on/off state in the switch itself).

--
Andrew Gabriel