Posted to alt.home.repair
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Kitchen Faucet

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 4/24/2014 11:55 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

Lowes and Home Depot also offer installation services

Still another is to buy from www.faucetdirect.com and they have a
network of installers. I've bought from them but have never used
their installation services so I have no idea how well it works.

Very dissatisfied with Lowes installation. Will not use them again. So
far, Mr. Handyman has not done me wrong. It's just that they're not the
best to call for one little task. Better to have a list of several
little things.

Using any of the big stores is a bit of a crap shoot. They work with
various contractors for a fixed price on most things. You may get a great
job, you may get a dud.

I used Lowes once for a shower door install. It was a $1000 door and I
did not want to screw it up or transport it myself. They did an excellent
job. But that is just one instance in one store so others may have
different experiences.

That's great! They failed to tighten a clamp on my dishwasher hose and my
kitchen was flooded. Then Sears did not put the clamp on my dryer vent
hose. The hose came off and my house was quickly like a sauna. I did 5
loads of laundry before I discovered the problem. The new washer and dryer
are larger than my old ones so they were pretty much wedged in there and
they are heavy. So it was really hard for me to move it out to see the hose
behind it.