Posted to alt.home.repair

Default fix shed roof that's hard to reach

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 10:48:28 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

The edge of my shed roof has rotted. It's a standard shingle over wood deck, about a 4/12 I'd guess, only one story. I think I just need to cut out a strip of the end of the deck and replace.

It shouldn't be hard, but there's nowhere to put a ladder. The shed is on the edge of a steep hill, more like a gully. I've got only a foot or two before it drops off sharply.

This must be a common problem with an obvious solution but I'm not seeing it. I can get up from the other side but I'm not confident I can work head down like a bat.

How is this usually done?

Rent a sky hook? Hang the ladder from the peak of the roof?