Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default OTish. New design Internal Combustion Engine

In article ,
newshound wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
It only becomes viable where electricity is produced in abundance by
'free' renewables, like wind, water or solar.

ITYM inbcedribly expensive renewables:-)

We were promised 'meter free' electricity when nuclear first arrived.

No we weren't.

Yes we were.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_cheap_to_meter

Which, as the link explains, was based on *fusion*. And no-one has even
produced that commercially yet.

You think politicians of the day knew the difference?

That claim was made publically at the introduction of nuclear. And not
qualified with 'some day if we're lucky'.

It was Lewis Strauss, not a politician, and Wikipedia makes it clear
that he did know the difference.