Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default fix shed roof that's hard to reach

TimR wrote:
The edge of my shed roof has rotted. It's a standard shingle over wood
deck, about a 4/12 I'd guess, only one story. I think I just need to cut
out a strip of the end of the deck and replace.

It shouldn't be hard, but there's nowhere to put a ladder. The shed is
on the edge of a steep hill, more like a gully. I've got only a foot or
two before it drops off sharply.

This must be a common problem with an obvious solution but I'm not seeing
it. I can get up from the other side but I'm not confident I can work
head down like a bat.

How is this usually done?

Rig up up something like this, anchored on the opposite side of the shed
from where you have to work...or just hire this guy...

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...i10n-4-web.jpg