Don Pencil

Default Blanks separating from faceplate blocks

Gary,
If your friend continues to use CA the change the formula just a bit and
Success should be easy.
Begin as noted above and clean the surface with denatured alcohol. Use the
thinnest CA available on both surfaces and then plenty of medium on the
block surface. Press, clamp, and wait. No Accelerator. The thin soaks into
the wood and the medium forms the bond. Works great for end grain also.
This is used much with epoxies in boating.
Don

"gary c" wrote in message
Hey, thanks for the replies.

Hot melt - neat. Have never seen anyone use it before. Can't be more
expensive than the cyano

The koa we are using is kinda oily. I don't particularly care for it, but
it is pretty. Lots of figure. And we have access to lots of it, at

really
low prices.

I'll pass along everyones suggestions, and see if he can nail down the
cause. I guess if worse comes to worst, he can either use his chuck or

deal
with some screw holes...

Thanks again!

"gary c" wrote in message
I have a friend who is having a difficult time keeping blanks on the

little
snip